Lifeguard In Training Program
The Ship Bottom Lifeguard in Training (LIT) program introduces children ages 10-15 to the basic responsibilities and basic rescue techniques used by professional lifeguards. LIT instructors aim to provide an educational and fun environment, focusing on the development of water safety skills, physical fitness, sportsmanship, and positive self-esteem. Program applicants must know how to swim and must be comfortable swimming longer distances in the ocean. Applicants should also be comfortable performing basic exercises and short runs in the sand, including a 1 mile beach run.
Application Information: ALL SESSIONS ARE FULL AT THIS TIME
Deadline for 2021 LIT application is June 1, 2020. Please note that the program will likely fill before the deadline and some may be placed on a waiting list, especially for morning sessions.
A completed application includes the following items:
● 2021 Application Form (must be completed online in one sitting)
● Proof of Health Insurance (*photocopy of insurance card must be emailed to Nora Covert and Katie Farrell, LIT Directors, at email@example.com
*Applications that are incomplete or missing information will NOT be accepted. Applications will NOT be accepted in person or via mail*
You will receive a confirmation letter and payment slip via email once your application is processed. You must print the payment slip and mail it to Borough Hall along with your payment in order to confirm your child’s enrollment in the program. Payments will not be accepted without the payment slip. Registered participants will then receive a Welcome Letter via email during the week of June 7th.
Age Group, Session, and Fee Information:
The 10-12 Year Old Sessions: ALL SESSIONS ARE FULL AT THIS TIME
- Applicants MUST be at least 10 years of age by the start of the program in order to be eligible to participate
- The 10-12 year old age group (Tuesday, Thursday) will run from Tuesday, July 6th through Tuesday, August 3rd. The end of the year party will be on Tuesday, August 3rd. Your child will be assigned to either the morning (10:30 am – 12:30 pm) or the afternoon (2:00 pm – 4:00 pm) session. The 10-12 year old program fee is $100.
The 13-15 Year Old Sessions: ALL SESSIONS ARE FULL AT THIS TIME
The 13-15 year old age group (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) will run from Monday, July 5th through Monday, August 2nd. The end of the year party will be on Monday, August 2nd. Your child will be assigned to either the morning (10:30 am – 12:30 pm) or the afternoon (2:00 pm – 4:00 pm) session. The 13-15 year old program fee is $125.
Important Program Information:
- Please note that the LIT Program is a NON-REFUNDABLE program.
- Please be mindful that we try our best to accommodate preferences for specific sessions, but space is limited and session assignments are made on a first come first served basis. By submitting an application you acknowledge that your child may be placed in either session (morning or afternoon).
- Application items will only be accepted via email. You will receive an email with a confirmation letter once your application is received and processed. The letter will contain payment instructions to confirm your child’s enrollment in the program.
2021 WAITLIST SIGN UP: CLICK HERE
Please contact LIT Program Directors Nora Covert and Katie Farrell by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Ship Bottom Beach Badge Checker
BEACH BADGE CHECKER APPLICATION
Lifeguard Chief/Beach Supervisor