Phone (609) 494-2171 ext 151
Learn about hazardous waste and shredding programs at the official website of the Ocean County Department of Solid Waste Management. Here you will find detailed information about Ocean County’s recycling efforts, news about upcoming events, tips on proper disposal of a wide variety of materials, and more.
Recycling Coordinator/Code Enforcement Officer
Phone (609) 494-2171 ext. 131
For questions or inquiries please e-mail the Garbage Company at notify.SDI@gmail.com
2021 SHIP BOTTOM TRASH AND RECYCLE SCHEDULE REGULATIONS
- Place all newspaper, cardboard, mixed paper, magazines, empty brown paper bags, junk mail, in a container with a lid and place it at the curb for pick up.
- Please DO NOT place material to be recycled in plastic bags.
- Container must be 32 gallon can or less with a lid, clearly marked with a recycle decal.
- Please DO NOT tie the lid to the container.
- Please DO NOT tie or tape any materials.
- DO NOT PUT CEREAL BOXES, PIZZA BOXES, PAPER PLATES, TELEPHONE BOOKS, IN THE CONTAINER.
Beginning October 2015, E-waste Recycling, including electronic products such as computers, televisions, VCRs, stereos, copiers, fax machines and other electronic products are no longer accepted at the borough’s recycling center. E-waste can be brought to the Ocean County Recycling Center located at 35 Haywood Road Manahawkin, NJ 08050 in Stafford Township, (609) 978-0913. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Ocean County 2Good2Waste Program
2Good2Waste is an internet based waste exchange program hosted by the County. Ocean County is the first and only one in New Jersey to launch the 2Good2Waste Exchange, it’s already being used in 8 other states. It is a free service to Ocean County residents. Some common items exchanged are furniture, bicycles, exercise equipment, appliances, toys, TV’s, lawn mowers, etc. Visit the exchange website for more information.